Monday, July 19, 2010

Back to work tomorrow

I start work tomorrow! Arrgh... after 6 months at home, I really am apprehensive about going back. By right, I should be starting today but an untimely fever forced me to stay home another day. See, even my own body doesnt want me to start work.

I'll need to wake up much earlier to express milk, dress up and take the MRT to work, lugging my pump and handbag. No more late nights for me, no more watching endless VV dramas on SCV, no more playing the piano for Sherryn, no more ferrying Kaelyn to and from school, no more making trips to Compass Point on weekdays, no more facials on weekdays.. and the list goes on..

So I probably will disappear from blogging for some time while I try to settle back at work and get used to the old routine.

Yesterday, when I visited the doctor for my fever and throat infection, the doctor encouraged me to quit my job and work from home via the internet. She even gave me a website to explore and recommended me a book to read. She said my recurring illness (throat infections, fever) is a result of lowered immunity due to lack of sleep. And going to work and being away from my children will add stress and aggravate my condition. And that there will be higher risk of cancer etc. She made it sound so serious! Anyway, I will visit the website to explore alternatives. But for now, its back to work for me.

No comments: