Wednesday, September 29, 2010

New routine

Work has consumed me for the past 2 months ever since I started going back. After 6 months at home, I struggled to get back into the swing of things at work. During the first few weeks, I took my time to get used to looking at the computer for 8 hours. I felt so tired at the end of each day.

I found that my memory has deteriorated. I cant remember much of the details at work - this is bad, because I need to advise people on technical accounting matters. I need to wake up early in the morning to pump, say hello to my gals before leaving for work. During working hours, I need to disappear 2 times to pump. Very good thing that my office has a very decent nursing room complete with a mini fridge, sofa and wash basin. And then at night I had to pump again before retiring for the night. I was so tired that it aggravated my ability to work efficiently at work. On top of that, I had to get used to the working style of a new boss.

Good thing I managed to work out working from home every Wednesdays to give myself more time with baby and save on transportation time.

The new arrangement while I am at work is:
- Mondays and Tuesdays, mother in law comes over to take care of them. Kaelyn will be at child care for full day on MOnday and half day on Tuesday.
- Wednesday, I work from home and Kaelyn goes to child care for full day
- Thursdays and Fridays, my parents bring Sherryn to their home. Kaelyn is on half day on Thursday and full day on Friday. My dad will fetch her to their home after school.

So far, this arrangement has been working fine as I am not involved in the ferrying. I just need to concentrate on producing milk for Sherryn, and going to work on time.

No comments: