Friday, July 2, 2010

Sherryn is 5 months old!

Our dear Sherryn turned 5 months old a week back and weighs ard 7 plus kgs. She's growing fast, now drinking 180ml per feed 4 times a day. Whatever her jie jie could do at 5 months, she is able to too. Refer to Kaelyn's blog at 5 months.

At the PD's advice, we have started giving Sherryn apple and pear juice at 4 months, as she only as she only poos once a week, or even once in 10 days. Sometimes, we even have to resort to using suppository to help her out. I've started giving her pear puree as well but so far still dont see much improvements.. Have also let her try a little organic brown rice cereal twice just to 'test waters'.

Sherryn is still the happy, cheerful baby. My sis commented that she has never heard her cry (well thats partly because she seldom sees her. ha ha). But it's rather true that she laughs (really loudly) much more than she cries. So lucky to have such a baby! = ) I think shes getting smarter too. She knows when to call out to you and ask to be carried. She'll give you the wide-eyed 'oh I am such a poor thing' look, like the puss in boots in Shrek. Really, that always does it.

I have put her on some sort of 'programme' myself. After her milk and bath in the mornings, she will have music lessons where I play the piano and she sings along. In the afternoon after her 'lunch' and rest, we will have gym lessons where she will practise her rolling, play in her playgym and strengthen her leg muscles where I prop her up in the standing position for her to push with both legs. Then in the evening, I will read a book, or some flash cards to her. If I dont think of something deliverate like that to do, I guess I will be just chucking her into the rocker while I surf the net and do my own things. What else can you do with a baby so young?







No comments: