Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Conversations with Kaelyn

Kaelyn came back from school one day and volunteered updates from her school.

Update 1

"Mama, teacher Jay is not around today. Teacher Joanna says Teacher Jay is pregnant. She has a baby. She went home to rest. Her friends look after her."

Update 2 (she spoke in Mandarin for this)

Kaelyn: Mama we have a new lao shi (teacher) today.
Me: Oh is it? What is her name?
Kaelyn: I dont know..
Me: Is it Chen lao shi? Or Li lao shi? (just randomly throwing some names in the air)
Kaelyn: No. It's lao hu (tiger) lao shi. Ha ha ha...
I thought the teacher must be very fierce to earn this title. Half an hour later,
Kaelyn: Ah I know. The teacher is Hu lao shi! I remember!
So Hu lao shi is lao hu lao shi and hu li (fox) lao shi.. Children are so creative.

I love these updates she is giving me. I hope we will continue having such conversations as she grows up.

No comments: