Monday, October 22, 2007

Kaelyn's entertainment

I am amazed by how Kaelyn (and I believe all babies) can be so preoccupied by toys dangling above her head. For 30 mins to an hour (at times), she can stare at them, wave her arms and legs in excitement and sometimes even squeal in delight. And this can happen everyday.

It first started off with a music mobile at her cot, a gift from my aunt. This is her entertainment when she wakes up in the morning and in the middle of the night (even if it is not moving), and when no one is free to attend to her.


Seeing how successful it was in entertaining her, we started to bring out the rocking chair (with toys hanging), and the play gyms.

This play gym, a gift from my cousins, is used when I rest in my bedroom and need to keep an eye on her at the same time. Only our king-sized bed is big enough to accommodate this.


I use this rocker during play time, and she doesnt want to be in a flat lying down position. Good for when I am in the living room reading the newpapers or watching TV. A gift from my colleagues.


Lastly, another playgym from friends. We just brought this out today and it works as well as the rest. Also used in the living room, in front of a separate baby rocker during play time.


Thanks to all who gave these as pressies to us. They have done a good job in entertaining Kaelyn so far. Our lives have been made more peaceful with them.

No comments: