Thursday, October 18, 2007

Gastric attacks... and the potential cure

I was hit by a series of severe gastric attacks since 3 weeks ago. I dont know how and why I get them. I never had gastric before and my diet is mainly fish and vegetables. I think I have eaten more fish in the past 3 months than I had in the whole of last year!

The first attack came suddenly about 3 weeks ago. The stomach pain was quite bad but it subsided after a while. I thought nothing much of it but David suggested I see a doctor. The doctor told me it was colic (I thought only babies get colic!) and gave me some mixture.

The second attack came a few days later, in the middle of the night. It was so unbearable that David took me to a 24 hour clinic, and the doctor gave me a jab for wind. We suggested to the doctor whether it could be gastric cos the previous medicine for colic didnt help. The doc gave me medicines for both gastric and wind. I think the doctor is a newbie as he doesnt look like he knows what's wrong with me, and yet he made me $100 poorer. And worse still, I couldnt sleep the whole of that night as the pain persisted.

It got so bad in the morning that David had to send me to Changi General Hospital's A&E. The doctor there told me it was gastric and prescribed 4 types of medicines. The medicine helped but I still got occasional pains, especially at night. These pains greatly affected my milk supply.

3 days ago, a potential cure was in sight. David bought a supplement from GNC called 'AbsorbAid', which the staff there said would help gastric problems. And true enough, for the last 3 days the pain did not come back. I am keeping my fingers crossed... Seems like 3 doctors cant match up to 1 GNC staff!

No comments: