Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Updates at 4 weeks

Havent been writing much over the past 2 weeks because I have been entertaining the little one's hourly request for milk! Yes, somewhere around the third week, she suddenly decided to drink a lot more and somehow no matter how often I feed her, she doesnt seem to be full. So I have been perpetually feeding her, and the other times I am not, I will be taking care of my own basic needs, and catching up on sleep.

But today, I had to write something here, because Sherryn just turned 4 weeks old an hour ago. I had just fed her before she dozed off at my breast (again, and many times, to wake up half an hour later to demand for her milk which she did not finish before she slept)..

At 4 weeks, Sherryn is :
- much more awake an alert
- moves her arms and legs more
- fascinated by the music mobile above her
- likes to be carried around to look at things around the house

Comparing Sherryn to Kaelyn, Sherryn is a much easier baby to look after. I remember Kaelyn likes to scream and yell at every slightest thing, and often had blocked nose such that she found difficulty in breathing. We had to bring her to the doctor a couple of times because of that. Sherryn, on the other hand, is milder. When she is hungry, she will just let out a soft cry, and will wait patiently for her milk. So far there was no need to bring her to the doctor for anything. Only problem she has is that her feet are bent inwards due to the position she was in my womb. We are doing physio for her to correct that. So far, although there is improvement, I think we can do more to correct it fully.

My confinement lady is leaving tomorrow, but I dont feel too sad. Mainly because she isnt a competent confinement lady in the first place. My first confinement lady during Kaelyn's time was 10 times better. Will write in a separate post. Luckily I have a good helper with me, so I think we should be able to cope, together with occasional help from parents and in-laws.


No comments: