Friday, March 12, 2010

Keeping Kaelyn occupied

We sent Kaelyn back to childcare for the mornings after CNY, as the chicken pox cycle would have been broken by then. That really gave me a much needed breather. I can concentrate more on Sherryn and recovering from the previous night's lack of sleep.

Kaelyn would have her lunch and nap in the early afternoon - so another free slot for me. It's only after around 4.30pm that I needed to entertain her. Actually I dont quite know what to do with her, so most of the time, I will take her lead and play her toys together with her (e.g. duplo, megablocks, doctor's kit, kitchen set etc). I am not a creative person when it comes to children's activities.

I recently got to know that her school just started a website where they post their activities, events, photos, song lyrics and various updates. I think it's really cool and good for updating parents like me who have no idea what they do and learn in school. I now know they do painting (on unwanted clothes), cut different shapes from paper, make photo frame, make toy pull-car etc.

Kaelyn painting on unwanted clothes - downloaded from her school's website:




Yesterday, I tried to do some art and craft with her - make a card. See the process and output.

First, draw the shapes and colour them with crayon





Then, cut and paste the shapes on the card



Finally, put on the finishing touches

No comments: