Sunday, February 7, 2010

Spending CNY at home

While everyone's busy spring cleaning, putting up CNY decorations, shopping for CNY goodies, clothes, shoes etc, I am cooped up at home. I have always enjoyed celebrating CNY - the shopping, preparing ang pows, new year's eve reunion dinner, visiting... So it's really difficult for me not to be able to celebrate CNY properly this year.

Initially, hubby was thinking of brining Kaelyn and our helper to in laws place for reunion dinner, while I have my confinement food alone at home (with the CL and Sherryn of course). I was so upset when I thought about it - spending eve alone?! (well not exactly alone but with a stranger and a 2 week old baby, it's really as good as being alone). Good thing hubby changed his mind and said we would have early steamboat dinner at home, and then he will bring Kaelyn to my in laws place. That's more acceptable!

But I guess I will still have to spend the rest of CNY alone while David brings Kaelyn around visiting. Well, I guess I'll just have to bear with it this year.

No comments: