Sunday, February 7, 2010

Post delivery - The first week

Time seems to be crawling.. It's only been a week and 3 days since I gave birth to Sherryn. Still have about 3 weeks to go before I regain my freedom. The thing I dislike most post delivery is the confinement period (and I think I mentioned this after I gave birth to Kaelyn as well).

- No proper showers (have to bathe in some boiled medicinal water)
- Restricted diet (have to eat the same old boring food meal after meal, day after day)
- Sweating buckets (it's amazing how I sweat over the past week!)
- Being confined at home (i am going mad! that's why you see that my postings frequency has increased ever since I gave birth. Never used to put status updates in FB before but now I do due to boredom. But that's only when Kaelyn's not at home, and I am not feeling tired)
- Perpetually feeling tired due to night time feeds (Sherryn drinks every 2 hours at night. Although I dont wake up for every feed, it's enough to affect my entire day).

On the whole, what I have been doing for the past week is just feed baby, sleep, eat, bathe and the cycle repeats. Dont have much time for Kaelyn, which is something I feel really really bad about. Hope things will get better and I will have more time for Kaelyn.

Surprisingly, this time round the episiotomy pain is rather manageable. And also, although breastfeeding is still challenging this time round, there was no bleeding of the nipple like the last time round.

2 comments:

Ching said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ching said...

Jia you Mummy! :)

give me a call to chat chat if bored, or play the addictive iPhone games...

see you soon :)