Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Talkative Kaelyn

Kaelyn is now 2 years 10 months old. She is considered a very talkative girl. She would yak and sing non stop in the car, at home, in her bed before she sleeps, when eating etc. But this happens only when she is around people she is familiar with. When in front of not too familiar people, she becomes 'dumb'.

She would yak about her teacher, her friends, the songs she sing in school and what she likes to do with her 'mei mei when she is big'. She is creative with song lyrics and would replace those lyrics with her own.

It is always very entertaining to hear her talk and sing. She really makes my day sometimes, although she drives me up the wall rather often.

I recall one conversation I had with her at her school's playground while she was sitting in the mini car.
Kaelyn: Mama, after I come out (of the car), its your turn to sit ok?
Me: The car is too small for me. It is for children like you.
Kaelyn: And mei mei and my friends?
Me: Yes
Kaelyn: Then tomorrow you eat slow slow, then become smaller then you can sit already.

It really left me in stitches. Kids' thinking is really very simplistic. We always tell Kaelyn to eat more, eat faster so she can grow bigger to do things that 'big people' can do. And she used this logic to apply to the reverse situation. How I wish sometimes I can become smaller to do things that only kids can do!

On several other occasions, she would say she would buy things for us 'tomorrow'
Me: Kaelyn, mama doesnt have this toy. Can you give it to me please?
Kaelyn: No. It's mine. Tomorrow I buy for you ok?
Me: Oh, do you have money to buy?
Kaelyn: Yes! In my wallet (which is a piece of scrap paper folded into something that looks like a wallet)
Me: Who gave you the moeny?
Kaelyn: Mama! Tomorrow I buy for you ok? You share with me first.

How sweet!



No comments: