Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Kaelyn development!

Baby's development is so miraculously fast! I almost can feel that she grows every day because I find that she is slightly different everyday.

Two weeks ago, we borrowed a exerciser from Theresa. Our gal was so excited with the exerciser that she can play for very long on her own without complaining (as compared to a playpen)

See Kaelyn in the exerciser!


I was on leave then and my daily routine schedule is to drive K's mama to MRT every morning. After which, I will bathe her, change her and then play with her for a while before drinking milk..

On one of days (think 16th April), just after I bath her and change her to the new clothes, I realized that I forgot to switch off the TV in the living room. So I left her in the COT and go to switch of the TV. On my return, I was so SHOCK to see Kaelyn standing on her own playing with the music mobile!!!

I scream for the maid to take a look at her before taking a snap shot of her standing....

I quickly call K's mama. She is equally excited about it and requested me to send her a photo of it!
see the photo of her standing for the first time:


After that I realized that it is no longer safe for her to stay in the current height & decided to remove the music mobile and lower the COT level..

It is really amazing.. just two days of training on the exerciser and she can stand up( err.. with support of course) Thanks Theresa...:)

Kaelyn become very excited about her new found freedom and would try to stand (almost every waking moment of her time).

When she wakes up, the first thing is a loud whine(ok la, it is a loud cry) follow by climbing up the COT to stand..





She will climb at every opportunities given and would climb up the sofa to stand (on her own), TV console, climb up on you (when you leave her in a seating position on your lap)..


After a 1-2 days, she even starts to climb up the play pen.. Then she starts to release one hand.. and then release both hands.. she will then fall back onto the COT/playpen mattress...



See her climbing up the playpen in video..


After almost two weeks of trying, she is now able to sit back down on her own (without falling)- though, she still fall occasionally. Now she can move slowly around the sides of the COT/play pen with whatever support (with her hands supporting) with ease.

I realize our Life is NEVER THE SAME since she starts to climb and stand!!
We have to be very careful and would need a lot of energy during her waking hours as we have to be next to her every moment..so that she does fall. Nevertheless, her dexterity is so good that she out-move/climb us, and manage to fall a few times -- ai yo.. some blue black at her cheek and forehead.

Look ma/daddy only one hand supporting..


Actually, I start noticing that she learns to sit up on her own (from crawling position) only after she starts to climb up.. Cos previously she cannot really sit up on her own (But she sit very well when we put her to siting position) and is very wobbly most of the time when she tries to sit on her own (usually fail).
See Kaelyn siting on her own at Popo & Gong gong's place.




I also realize that she is responding to tickling today (my mum told me) and when I tickle her.. she is giggling away...

Kaelyn can start climbing to standing position at 8.5 months old!
Her physical growth is indeed FAST!! What do you think?

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Wow, great job :)

I cant rmbr when my kids started standing, but it is indeed an important milestone. Hopefully she will start walking fast so that its easier for her to move about, and for u to take care of her :) Hehe I know I am contradicting a lot of other opinions on this aspect!

I find the most tiring time is when we had to hold her to walk at all times of the day, so it was good for us when she can start walking independently ard 13mths old :)

Do update more :) Its so nice to read about her and all of you....

Ernie said...

we are now crawling around behind her.. so now got backaches. ha ha..