Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Baby Kaelyn knows how to crawl!!!

Today, just when I step out of the lift outside my home after work, I heard Mama told baby Kaelyn that "papa is back!"

Wow, they can even know I am coming back by the sound of my keys and footsteps! Guess I have to learn some ninja skills next time to give them a surprise.

The excited mama then quickly went on to elaborate on how Kaelyn actually can crawl on her own in the afternoon. She can crawl across the "Winnie the Pooh" mat with ease. Previously, Kaelyn can only push with her hands to move backwards or turn around the mat. She can only stretch out to the object she is after but somehow just couldn't reach it. Today, she can crawl forwards.

When I put the her down to the mat, she excitedly crawl very fast to the edge of the mat. I have to pull her back to the starting point before she starts crawling away again and reach the floor before I sprung into action to pull her back again....

See her crawling..


She was so happy to crawl that laugh and scream excitedly... And she get to crawl towards me and hold onto my leg and look up at me seeming to tell me... "Look papa I can crawl. Aren't you proud of me?"

I then tell her "Smart gal, now you can join the crawling competition already and I am sure you can out crawl the rest!!!" Kaelyn seems to be very excited of her new found freedom.

Previously when Kaelyn learns how to sit, I just need to sit behind her to be a stationary goal keeper. Now I guess I have to learn some diving skills as a goal keeper (in case she fell off the edge). Think I have to be a sweeper soon once she starts to walk/crawl really fast.

(PS: For those who not familiar with soccer - A sweeper is a defensive player who sweeps up" the ball if the opponent manages to breach the defensive line)

Remember that she likes to move to the edge of the Baby Cot to peak out to look for us to play when she is alone in the room? I managed to capture some shots today.






She also likes to play "peek a boo" games and will pull down the cot protector to look for me. If she sees me or I just jump out, she will laugh non stop... and she really enjoys this game very much.

No comments: