Monday, February 4, 2008

A typical day for me

I have been back at work for 1.5 months already. Hence the significant decrease in frequency of posts. There is simply no excess time for a working mum! A typical day goes like this:
  • Wake up at 6.45am and pump
  • Say hi to Kaelyn and prepare for work
  • David drops me off at the MRT station and fetches Kaelyn and maid to either parents or in-laws (there is a roster, I will elaborate in my next blog)
  • Work, and pump once in office around lunch time
  • Reach parents / in laws at about 7.30 - 8.30pm depending on whether it is a busy day at work or not
  • Proceed to pump before having dinner, or vice versa
  • Play with Kaelyn, if she is not sleeping, sleepy or throwing tantrums cos she doesnt want to drink milk
  • David, me, Kaelyn and maid goes home
  • Settle Kaelyn down to bed
  • Time for me to pump again before hitting the sack, which is usually around 12 - 12.30am already...
  • And the cycle goes on again....
It really is very very tiring! And it doesnt help if I have a really busy day in office. I can even fall asleep while pumping.. Weekends are used for catching up on sleep, lost time with Kaelyn, supermarket trips and paying bills.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This sounds like me with my first child. WIth the 2nd, Hubby and I don't quite both about reaching work on time. But I can understand, I am so tired by the commuting part after work back home frm parent's place. Hang on in there, you have a cute lovely bub worth living like this for... or do what brave TT has done, be a SAHM. :)

Unknown said...

ai ya!! i meant we don't quite bother about reaching work on time, i.e. we try to sleep until the kids wake us up. You take care!!