Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Week 39 - At home

Last Friday was my last day at work before I commence by long 6 months break from work. On Friday itself, while I was busy clearing the remaining of my work and handing over, and packing up, I felt some pains at my lower abdominal area. It was something that I have not felt in the last 8+ months of pregnancy. I asked myself 'is this it?' Also told my colleague not to be surprised if I suddenly diasappeared to deliver. But it was a false alarm.

I managed to survive through an early reunion dinner on Saturday with my family (as I will most likely be in confinement during CNY), and a birthday high tea on Sunday with in laws. I dont know why I kept thinking the day is not too far away, so much so that David even brought his camera to our gynae visit yesterday in case I was warded right away... ha ha...

But alas, the gynae hinted that there was still some time to go, the baby has 'dropped' but the cervix was not ready. So, probably will pop only nearer to the EDD of 2 Feb, or at most 1 week earlier like Kaelyn's case. Last check yesterday, baby's weight was 3.38kg. At this rate she is growing, I am afraid she will be too big to come out naturally!

So, what's it like to be not working and staying at home? Well, I simply cant get used to it, and I feel more tired than while at work. Yes, all because of the princess at home demanding attention, throwing tantrums etc all the time. And my easily tired brain and body cant do too much to control her anymore....

But I told myself I should cherish the time with her before her mei mei comes out.

2 comments:

Theresa said...

wow week 39! time flies! anytime this week then! sms me when u deliver, can visit u! :) enjoy the days w kaelyn, maybe just let her go wild, close one eye. can't help it too she is in her terrible twos. next yr will be better!

Ernie said...

ya, very fast. Kaelyn's really getting more and more out of control. she's more defiant, more stubborn, more demanding etc etc...she got scolded by her teacher today too.