Monday, November 26, 2007

Going back to work

Time really flies. I had thought that 5 months maternity leave would be a long time. But 4 months have passed in a flash, and I realised I have not cut my hair, gone to the dentist, exercised etc etc... So many things on my to do list are still undone. And I will be going back to work in 3 weeks time...

I have begun to dig up my work clothes, and realised that they still do not fit! My maternity clothes are too loose and big for me now. I am now neither her nor there. I either have to lose enough weight to fit into old clothes or buy new ones. I figured out the latter would be more practical. Ok, another item to add to my to-do list.

I am so not looking forward to going back to work. Not that I dont like the job. It's just that I have been away for so long, I cant imagine having to start all over again, having to warm up my engine and keeping up with what has happened during my absence. My accounting vocabulary has long been replaced by baby's vocabulary of 'milk-milk', 'pom pom', 'mickey mouse', 'peek-a-boo' etc; the accounting standards have been replaced by Book of ABCs, Red Riding Hood, Chicken Little; my mind is now filled with 'When's the baby's next feed', 'When's my next pumping session', 'Why's the baby screaming', 'Should I read Red Riding Hood or show her the ABC / 123 flash cards'... Gosh, I am so NOT ready for work!

I will also really really miss Kaelyn. I will miss giving her her daily morning bath, feeding her, playing with her, reading to her, bringing her down for walks in the playground, I will even miss her screams......

Kaelyn dear, will you miss Mama as much as Mama will miss you?


2 comments:

Theresa said...

I am sure she will miss you just as much, if not more.

After all, as the saying goes, she is a child to you, but you are her everything - her world only revolved around you mainly as you are her mama, her milkgiver, her love, her everything...

Hope you had enjoyed the last 5mths with her, and time will qhizz past even quicker and you will realise your little terror will be going to P1! :)

Catch up with you for lunch when you come back, let me know!

Ernie said...

okie, will be back at work next week!! sigh..